Thursday, May 29, 2014

Being Grateful



Things I am Grateful For....
  • My son and my daughter
  • My family
  • My pets
  • having felt unconditional love
  • a rewarding career
  • the smell of rain
  • The quiet and stillness of the Midnight Hour
  •  Having been in love more than once in my life
  • The Ocean
  • Having been able to touch a dolphin and look in its eyes
  • Seeing a humpback whale feeding in the wild
  • wishing on shooting stars
  • Watching my son's eyes light up after a Karate win
  • Seeing my son's eyes light up when he discovers something new in the world
  • hearing my son laugh when he thinks I am not listening
  •  having a dog to snuggle up with
  • sunlight on my face when I am down
  • standing my ground
  • being able to stand on my two feet
  • speaking my mind when I have to
  • for knowing my grandma and being her "pink and gold angel"
  • for being so close to my mom
  • for having two children whom I adore
  • making snow angels in a foot of snow
  • wishing on a shooting star
  •  my mom teaching me how to cook
  •  the smell of turkey in the oven
  • eating crepes in Quebec
  • seeing Hiroshima
  • listening to my great grandma talk about how things were when she was a young girl
  • for getting published in my college newspaper more than once
  • friends - some I have known my entire life and we are still friends
  • hot showers
  • Santa Clause
  • knowing there is more to life than what we can see
  • meditating on the red rocks in Sedona
  • having seen the Twin towers pre-9/11
  • finding my grandma's family and piecing together the genealogy
  • my education
  • puppy kisses
  • having put the bad memories of the past in the past and live with the great memories
  • knowing when to forgive and when to just forget and move on
  • cold beer with pizza
  • listening to my son sing or do karate in the shower or in his room
  • kitty purrs
  • flowers
  • my mom's uncontrollable laughing
  •  the smell of an old book
  • classic music
  • Sinatra
  • diet coke even though it is bad for me
  • creativity
  • for being able to name my baby girl after my Grandma Grace
  • for having known and loved both sets of my grandparents and for having step-grandparents that were not "steps"
  • the smell of a clean baby after a bath
  • baby smiles when I am feeling blue
  • the freedom to be able to vote
  • french fries and ketchup
  • the esp I have with my mom
  •  laughing with my son until we have tears running down our faces
  • power of prayer
  • lost and found love
  • being able to talk to friends I haven't seen in ages and feeling like we saw each other yesterday
  • for having baggage because it has helped me grow as a person 
  • wonderful childhood memories
  • Vibram Fivefingers and Injini socks
  • flip flops
  • chocolate
  • being brave enough to try new things
  • baby snuggles and sighs
  • watching my daughter explore her world
  • having a very supportive admin at work and teachers that are so supportive as well
  • knowing that a smile can change everything 
  •  sushi
  • having friends that I have known my entire life
  • having new friends
  • being able to  keep in touch with members of my ex's family
  • gaming with my son
  • cupcakes

No comments: