Thursday, January 20, 2011

Treat Yourself...

This week has been a challenge in more ways than one. My kiddo has been sick since Saturday and finally after 6 days of coughing and a higher than normal fever, I kept him home today and we went to the Doctor's. Good thing I did! He has pneumonia!  He has never had it before but I knew this cough was trouble since his fever kept coming back.  Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and he will be back in top shape.  He told me that the only good thing about being sick is "treating himself to the Wii and Sprite" all while laying on the couch.  Kids need extra treats when they are sick. Makes them feel loved and special when they are feeling down and out.  I think as adults we forget that we too need a treat now and then.  I know that my life revolves around my kiddo and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have to stop and smell the roses and treat myself to something special sometimes too even if it is my own Redbox movie to watch in bed at night. We all need that.  So in that spirit, today's card is a celebration card..."Treat yourself to a wonderful day!"

It came out so cute  and my son said.. "Mom, you are getting so good at this we should open a store!" Ahhh, I adore him. :)



 This one is being entered in the following challenges;

  • Cute Card Thursday: 1, 2, 3 challenge
    • This card has 1 sentiment, 2 different ribbons and 3 different pieces of cardstock (purple, green embossed and purple patterned)
  •  Copic Creations: Challenge #42 - What's New?
    • This card is my first easel card and the digi set is new. LOVE it!


3 comments:

gina g said...

Hi Kristen This is such a sweet image and i love easel cards too. Hi Kristen

Kristen said...

Thank you for the kind words Gina. :)

Chrissie said...

This is a real sweetie of a card.
Thanks for joining in our challenge at OSCC this week!
Chrissie